Helical sells Shoreditch office for £74m

Helical has sold its office scheme at 37-45 City Road in Shoreditch, London, to a Meadow Partners’ fund, for £74m.

The deal reflects a net initial yield of 4.6%.

Known as C-Space, Helical acquired the building in June 2013, obtaining planning consent for its refurbishment to increase the floor space from 50,000 sq ft to 63,500 sq ft. The works, which were completed in October 2015, involved an additional floor and extensions to the third floor, a landscaped courtyard and entrance pavilion to the rear and full height glazing to the raised ground floor.

Creative agency MullenLowe occupies 75% of the building, with the remaining 25% let to NeuLion, a technology product and service provider. The combined leases have 12 years to expiry.

Matthew Bonning-Snook, Helical’s property director, said: “The acquisition, refurbishment and now disposal of C-Space is a great case study illustrating what Helical does best, applying imagination to ordinary buildings to create beautiful, contemporary workspace whilst generating significant shareholder value. Proceeds from the disposal will go towards reducing gearing levels.”

Mike Tremayne, a principal at Meadow Partners, added: ”We are delighted to have acquired this award-winning and iconic office building, providing the Fund exposure to London’s highly dynamic ‘tech-belt’ and creative submarket. The yield arbitrage to the City prime will ensure long-term performance and complement our growing investment platform. This transaction, which is now the eighth acquisition for the Fund since its inception in 2014, exchanged in an exceptionally tight timeframe, and fully endorses our exemplary track record for highly swift and efficient deal execution.”

Hall Kemp and Savills acted for Helical, while Cushman & Wakefield acted for Meadow Partners.

Related Articles

Have your say

Sign in to make a comment on this story.

Sign In

Text size

Desktop Site | Mobile Site